The 38th IATUL conference took place at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano - University Library, Italy from 18 to 22 June 2017.
With its variety of services, managerial responsibilities, incorporating treasures from the past into the digital world, connecting continuity with innovation, and preparing our patrons for the challenges in a networked information society, the modern university library is a cosmos in itself. It remains, however, part of the university, and is always linked to the service requirements of its members and goals set by the university management. Therefore, the library’s mandate and all our endeavours are primarily embedded in the university’s strategic processes, along with library services resulting from our mission. The consequences are manifold, go far beyond local concerns, and were reflected in the theme of the 38th IATUL conference: Embedding Libraries – Service and Development in Context.
Papers and presentations of the conference can be found following the links below, organized by conference topics.
Browse the contents of 2017 IATUL Proceedings:
- Organisational Models for Transformation
- Re-design of Physical Spaces
- Research Support Services and Open Data/Open Access
- Plenary Sessions
- Strategic Partnership at the Local and the Global Level
- New Approaches to Information Literacy
- Digital Library Development
- Skills for the New Challenges
- Analytics, Research Evaluation and Bibliometrics