Welcome to the site for the 10th International Symposium on Agriculture and the Environment!
"Adaptability of Agriculture and Conservation Systems in a Changing Environment"
Our environment continues to evolve, as factors such as global climate change and atmospheric warming alter local weather and growing conditions for agricultural crops. To some extent increasing carbon dioxide levels and higher temperatures may enhance plant growth, but other factors such as more variable and extreme precipitation events, flooding, drought, and excessively high temperatures may act to diminish crop production. This tenth International Symposium on Agriculture and the Environment seeks to provide a forum for scientists to present new research on environmental studies, agricultural research, processes of soil erosion by wind and water, conservation policies, and innovative practices to preserve and protect the soil, water, and air resources while at the same time providing for a sustainable agriculture.
- Mitigation of and adaptation to climate change (Climate Smart Agriculture)
- Soil conservation under climate change, and effect of extreme weather events
- Modeling effects of climate change on agriculture and forestry
- Sediment and water source fingerprinting & measurement techniques
- Agricultural water conservation and water resources utilization
- Future sustainability of healthy soils for agricultural production
- Soils and diffuse pollution, and pollution control
- Use of the concept of connectivity to assess water and sediment transfers
- New technologies for agro-environmental studies
- Risk assessment and environmental management
- Science policy interface on biodiversity and ecosystem services
Browse the contents of AgroEnviron 2016: 10th International Symposium on Agriculture and the Environment - May 23-27, 2016:
- 10th International Symposium on Agriculture and the Environment abstracts
- Extended abstracts from the AgroEnviron 2016 symposium (May 23-27, 2016)