Download Full Text (2.3 MB)
This handbook provides a guide for reflections and critical thought for students engaged in their freshman year of college. As they experience these new sites and feelings, they will be reflecting through questions regarding how they react and feel about the events around them. Some questions will also be related to the logistics of their activities. Through the engagement of this book, freshman students will be able to reflect upon their experiences their freshman year and gain a broader understanding of the world around them.
The handbook contains a range of self-assessment tools designed to be used as follows:
- Complete pre-entry reflection. Complete the college experience.
- Complete multicultural activity.
- Fill out “what is your level of cultural competence?”
- Look over goal setting guidelines.
- Have fun and fill out the bucket list!
- Complete the plan of action for cultural competence—learning more about ethnicities.
- Start the self-development daily journal.
- End of the year with the self-analysis and the overall reflection
West Lafayette, Indiana
service learning, community engagement, instructional design, self-development
Sass, Margaret, "Self-Development Reflection Journal for Students" (2013). Scholarly Publishing Services e-Books. Book 6.